Knutson Endowment Application
The Knutson Endowment is awarded to students, chaplains, faculty, staff, and administrators at ELCA colleges or universities; colleges and universities with Lutheran Campus Ministry programs; or other projects addressing the mission of the endowment. Grants typically range from $1,000 to $10,000 to fund program components other than travel, lodging, and food.
The 2018 application deadline is April 1. The Knutson Board will meet for discussion and to consider applications in April. Final notification will be sent to recipients by May 5.
In addition, the board expects successful applicants to send a summary evaluation after the project ends, including an attendance figure and how well the project’s objectives were achieved.
Guidelines for Selection
The Knutson Endowment Committee will take the following into consideration in the selection process and the annual awarding of grants:
- Does the proposal further the mission of the endowment?
- If there is collaboration with and financial support from other organizations or entities?
- Is there a strong chance the proposal can succeed?
- Is the proposal for a new and innovative activity or event?
- When is the proposed activity or event to take place? (The Knutson Endowment Committee will not fund proposals for events that take place before the grants are awarded. No proposals will be considered for activities that begin prior to June 1 of the application year.
- Has this event or activity been funded in previous years? (The Knutson Endowment Committee will not fund proposals that repeat earlier granted activities or events.)
Please fill out and submit this application form. Applications received after April 1 will not be considered.
Please wait a moment for the form to load